How is your EcoChallenge going?

Hi Team,

As we head into the second week of our Drawdown Ecochallenge, I wanted to share a few learnings from my own challenges. I have challenged myself to keep a food waste journal and find new opportunities to reduce my food waste.

So far, things are going pretty well. But, it wouldn't be a challenge without a few challenging components! For me, those are:

1. Tea bags! I drink a lot of tea. You can compost your tea bags, however I'm struggling with what to do with the little staples that keep the tag on. Also, we do not have food compost at work, so I am currently collecting these at my desk and bringing them home at the end of the day to put in my worm bin.

2. Containers! I know the challenge is to reduce food waste, but I'm realizing just how much waste is also produced just in serving and keeping food. I've recycled multiple takeout containers this week, and would love to figure out a way to not need these in the first place if I'm going to go out for food.

How are your challenges going so far?

~Liz

Comments

  1. I feel like more and more tea bags only have glue and no more staples? It probably depends of the brand.. The best is probably to buy tea in bulk and use tea ball?
    I totally agree and struggle as well when eating out and want to take food out but at the same time it would be too complicated to bring a Tupperware every time we eat out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Eco-challenge for Climate Change, Starting April 4!

The Green Team has a Blog!